Sunday, June 3, 2012

Blesstheirsoles

What a crazy friggen week it's been!
I started a new job on Monday, so that I can better pursue this love of taking pictures. So let the burning myself out begin!

Moving on...
On Wednesday the 30th I went into the city with some folks from our little community church for the #blesstheirsoles project. The aim was to go into the center of Pretoria and distribute shoes and socks to people less fortunate than ourselves. My aim was to listen, observe and take a few portrait shots of these people.

The whole idea behind this isn't to just go up to someone and give them some shoes and off you both go, happy coz you did something "nice" and happy coz someone gave you shoes. No! The point of this was to strike up a conversation with this individual - another human being, with hopes and dreams - and get to know them and a little bit of their story and then giving them some shoes for their weary soles (souls).

It was a great experience. There's something about the big, scary city at night that's quite beautiful. I didn't get nearly as many photos as I wanted to, but here are the ones I did get and are worthwhile to show you folks.

If you'd like to be a part of this or find out a bit more about it, get in touch with 3rd place or Intentional Living.

Thanks for reading




1 comment: