Saturday, April 14, 2012

Street Photography

Yesterday, my friend Ettiene (Ett for short) and I decided to take to the streets in search of some photo opportunities. You can check out his 500px account here. He's a super rad photographer.

Anyway; at 10am yesterday we set out toward the city. Walking A LOT snapping some random things, passers by stopping us for photos (which I personally don't really like; it's nothing against the people, I just like to capture uninterrupted moments, especially when it comes to street photography).

So after hitting city center we got in the car again, coz there was this old abandoned and burnt building I'd seen and wanted to go explore. I have a thing for old abandoned places (as spooky as they are). After scoping out the area we found the one and only entrance and spent the next two and a half or 3 hours exploring it.

The following shots are from that and one or two photos from the city.

Thanks for reading

Schubart Park - We tried getting in, but it's sealed pretty tight and they have security on every corner. I'm gonna find a way in though :)
Ett - Rad alleyway we found behind a little restaurant. I love the beam of light running down the middle of it.
This is "TV-10". Not sure what his real name was. He's apparently been taking photos for 35 years. He was buying a snack at a kiosk and stopped us on our way passing by. I then took this photo of him.
Pretoria doesn't have super cool grafitti, but as I was taking this, the little sparrow in the shot decided to land right in the middle of the frame.
This is where we got in.
This used to be an assembly hall.
Last shot of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment