Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Streets

Every once in a while I wander in to the heart of Pretoria to do some street photography (something I'd really like to do more and not just in my city) in the hopes of finding interesting characters, scenes, stories or whatever.

Sometimes I get home with nothing (which sucks), but at least I went out and tried. This is an "attitude" I need to adopt a lot more I think. Trying and failing and then trying again.

I like doing street photos. You have to be on your feet. If you see someone you can't take up hours of their time to do a photo. You have a few minutes at most if you're lucky and then they are off. I like that. It's a different challenge. I suck at posing people. I really really need to practice that, but it feels so unnatural to me and I get that it has it's place, but I need to learn how to do it and I think street photography can help with that, coz you have to be quick about it. Sometimes the photo looks shit and other times not so much :) It's rad...

Anyway, here are two shots from a recent photo mission.

Thanks for reading



No comments:

Post a Comment